Endless book

(Víctor Lemes)

I've found one of my people this year,
But time is never easy on me
For this month shall be the last --
Far from me -- she shall be.
Shouldn't you worry though,
For as far as I remember
I've waited lifetimes already
So we could manage to meet each
Of ourselves this time...
It don't matter, even whether it is
Grammatically impossible,
I am profoundly grateful
For the moments we have shared
For the laughter, the joy, I've provided you
For the tears you shed, and
For the sorrow we partially dissipated.
You've got so much to grow old yet
And so have I.
"I'll wait for you to find me", she said;
Meanwhile, I'll be reading the
Final page of this endless book.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

The Tide Rises, the Tide Falls: Minha tradução

Desejo

Trecho Operação Cavalo de Troia