Stray

(Víctor Lemes)


If you manage to make me trust in you,
I shall be like a stray dog you found somewhere.
I can love you tons, as long as you let me in,
Into your heart and life.

I shall never forget your scent
No matter how long nor how far
We will be from each other.

Once you let me into yourself,
I shall let you have all the love
I have on my own life.

And that will be offered as instinct,
As not expecting anything in return...
Not a single bone nor cuddle at all.

Perhaps, I am already like a stray dog
Of yours, but you are not so sure yet
To have me in your house...

So, I shall stick around your house,
Sleep by your porch, protect it from the others,
And wait patiently 'til you finally decide
To open the doors of your heart

And let me in.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

The Tide Rises, the Tide Falls: Minha tradução

Trecho Operação Cavalo de Troia